Monday, July 7, 2008

Our Summer Garden!


It is summer time and we have our little garden planted.
Today I went out to do the daunting task of weeding our happy little garden!



My children helped out which was a great blessing. We do not have a large garden. Sadly to say our children are not really big vegetable lovers (my fault I guess) I never really liked a lot of veggy myself.
There are though a few that I really like. Fresh string beans steamed with a little butter humm!



Summer squash melts in my mouth! Yum! As you can see one of our summer squash is almost ready to pick!


My husband is the big vegetable eater here. We planted a lot of tomato plants so I am hoping to make some fresh sauce! I have never tried canning sauce before I would love to learn how.
I am thankful to the Lord for our little garden and I am praying that it will yield quite a bit.



We also planted cucumbers, peppers, eggplant and lettuce.

Does anyone out there like to garden? What kind of plants do you have planted? Do you can any of your veggies? Let us know! We would love to hear from you.
God Bless, Kathy

No comments: