Saturday, August 23, 2008

What's A Girl To Do?




"So, What are you doing for college this fall?" a lady asks.

Inwardly I sigh, I know she's just being friendly. But I am not fond of this question.

"I'm staying home this fall. I am going to take some online writing courses, and help home school my younger siblings," I try to add a smile,"it's real hands-on elementary education!"

"Oh,"


So What's A Girl To Do?



It has been one of the toughest decisions I have ever made. Yes, I might go to College for a 1 yr Bible degree someday, if that is how God leads me. But do I need a degree in Elementary education to home school my own children someday? I believe God wants me to be a homemaker, and I have never seen a degree for cleaning kitchens, staying up all night with a sick child, or on how to be a good mommy. :)

(My little Buddy sneaks in for a hug!)

Now, College might be right for some girls, it might be right for me someday. But right now, God has lead me to stay home. One of my best friends went to college. That was how God was leading her. A dear older lady I know waited 1 yr before going to college to help her mother at home. When she did go to college the next year it was the same year a certain young man was starting. She and that young man eventually were married! She was blessed!


(I treasure this photo a friend took of me and a little boy reading the Bible for a class)


So, what am I going to do in the meantime?

1) I am going to help teach my younger siblings. My goal is to get my little brother Matt to read really good.

2) Take writing courses. I would like to write good books for preteens-young adults.


3) Continue working on my stories that I have started.


4) Help out as a Substitute Sunday school teacher.


5) Learn how to play the violin better!!!!!



6)Help out wherever I am needed!



So, What's A Girl To Do? ~Wait for God's leading and ALWAYS trust in Him!


Are there any young ladies out there who are choosing to stay home?
I would love to hear from You!

God Bless
~Rebecca~

No comments: