Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We Remember.

I was only twelve years old at the time.

I was washing the morning dishes and enjoying the late summer when our phone rang.
My mother picked it up.

"What? What do you mean? Manhattan?" she was talking to my Father.

The tone of her voice caused me to stop a moment and listen closer.
But she left the room with the phone still in her hand.

Moments later she returned and hung up the phone.
She called my brothers and I to her and brought us to her bedroom where the small TV was on.

In moments she explained what we were seeing on the screen. Our nation had been attacked right as I was washing dishes.
I sat in disbelief as I watched the second tower crumble to the ground, and watch a panicked news reporter explain to a stunned America what was taking place.
I understood that thousands of lives had just been taken.


I remember the feeling of worry and concern for the many days thereafter.
What was going on?
Nothing this catastrophic had taken place in our country since the bombing of Pearl Harbor during WWII.



It has been nearly 7 years later.
Yet, tears still come unbidden when I think of that dark time.




I have 4 newspaper articles from the days following 9/11
Fear clings to every article.




I love my Country.
And my prayers are for her to turn back to God continually.

Please Click here for a touching Memorial


Click Here to see my America slide show.

A Memorial By Kids4Truth with scripture can be viewed here

No comments: