Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Garden Time!

Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day so my son Brandon helped out and tilled the garden for us to get our summer vegetable garden started!

This year we have decided to make the garden a lot bigger. We will have to till some more when the rain stops.

Sunday night we placed our peas in a bowl of water and soaked them over night. Monday morning my husband and I were able to plant 5 rows of peas. I am planning on planting 5 more when the rain stops hopefully in a few days!

I have never planted peas before so I am excited and I am praying that they will do really well this year.

Other things we will be planting this year are lettuce, summer squash, eggplant, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, yellow stringbeans, butternut squash. We are even going to try some herbs basil, parsley, thyme, oregano.

I think we will need to really enlarge the garden! :)

I get so excited in Spring time. I love to see all of the fresh new growth of the leaves and flowers.


(Last years garden!)

If you have never planted a garden before I would encourage you to give it a try.
This really is frugality at its best!

God Bless, Kathy

2 comments:

Tabb's Mom said...

Hey Kathy!
That sounds like a wonderful garden!!

Aimée and I decided to plant flowers in our garden this year. A lack of time this summer, and fighting to keep the squirrels from tasting everything...flowers are appealing this year.

Still praying that your husband will find work!

In Sunny Florida,
Robin

Kathy said...

Hi Robin,
I hope that you have a wonderful flower garden this year!
I love flowers too! Thank you so much for your prayers. We are waiting on Gods direction! We know that he will provide!
God Bless, In Sunny Ct. Kathy