Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Little Helper




One thing I have learned through the years is to take the time to train my little ones to be big helpers at home.

Our littlest daughter who is now two years old has such a sweet spirit about her and she loves to help!

The other night she wanted to help set the dinner table. So to the silverware drawer she went.




She put out the napkins and than began to work on the forks.






I just could not resist so I grabbed the camera and began taking pictures.

My husband patiently instructed her where to place the silverware , and she was eager to work!



So often I forget how important it is to include my little ones in the daily chores. They like to help mommy but I get so busy and rushed. Such a missed opportunity to teach them to have a helpful attitude.

The Lord has blessed us with eight children and we have been homeschooling now for 13 years so through the years I have learned how valuable it has been to have my children helping me.
Does the work get done always as I would like it to be done? Well not always but what valuable lessons have my children learned about helping.

One motto that we have here is that we are a family that pitches in and works together.
I hope to instill this in my children.

I remember my dad saying to me one day (who is 77 years old now) that he thought it so sad that children today grow up not knowing the real meaning of work. He grew up in a family of 12 children and on a farm so I am sure he knew what real work was all about.

I am thankful that my dad took the time to teach me the importance of being a good worker and that I can hopefully teach these values to my own children.

God Bless, Kathy

I guess this one missed the drawer! :)

No comments: